- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Geoff Harvey Driving Instructor collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (name, address, email address, phone number)
- Licence check code and last 8 characters of driving licence for licence check
- Driving licence number and theory test certificate number when a practical driving test is booked on your behalf
- Bank account details if you require a pre-payment refund
- Paper notes on lesson progress (driver record and reflective log)
- Dashcam recordings (dashcam recordings do not identify the driver or passengers)
- Pass photo on passing your driving test
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Geoff Harvey Driving Instructor with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Phone, email or message to enquire about driving lessons or book driving lessons
- Submit a message or comment via our website
- Voluntarily provide a customer review
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
- Take part in a driving lesson
How will we use your data
Geoff Harvey Driving Instructor collects your data so that we can:
- Verify that you are legally permitted to drive on public roads.
- Send you information pertaining to your driving tuition (e.g. lesson reminders, lesson plans, dashcam clips).
- Book your practical driving test if you so wish.
- Provide refunds if the balance of pre-paid hours is not required.
- Share pass photo on website and social media
How do we store your data?
Geoff Harvey Driving Instructor securely stores your data as follows:
- Physical media (driver record and reflective log) is stored in a locked location at 42, Upper Marsh Road, Warminster, BA12 9PN.
- Electronic media is stored on a password-protected PC or laptop and smartphone
- Dashcam clips are stored on an SD card fitted to the dashcam locked in the tuition vehicle
- Pass photos will be stored on the web server and social media accounts
Geoff Harvey Driving Instructor will delete your data as follows:
- Physical media is securely kept for a while, in case it may be required for ongoing training, i.e. Motorway, or Pass Plus lessons. It is then destroyed.
- Electronic media is similarly kept securely, until deletion.
- If you wish your Physical or Electronic media to be destroyed immediately after passing your test, please advise us and we are happy to do so.
- Dashcam clips will be overwritten after a few days depending on the amount of use the tuition vehicle gets.
Geoff Harvey Driving Instructor will not send out unsolicited marketing information.
What are your data protection rights?
Geoff Harvey Driving Instructor would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to ’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call us at: 07980 370162
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our websit
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Or call us: 07980 370162
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office: ico.org.uk